Headaches are the most common, affecting about 75% of all. Some are tension-type headaches, some are migraine headaches. All though not all headaches are the same, they all share at least one thing in common — they cause pain!
You don’t necessarily need a doctor’s prescription to treat your headaches. Here are 5 Tips For Treating Headaches Yourself, 5 easy, cheaper ways you can find relief; without medication.
- Apply an icepack to the painful area of your head. Try placing it on your forehead, temples or the back of your neck.
- Take a warm bath or shower; take a nap; or take a walk.
- Apply gentle, steady rotating pressure to the painful area of your head with your index finger and / or thumb. Maintain pressure for 7-15 seconds, then release. Repeat as needed.
- Rest, sit or lie quietly in a low-lit room. Close your eyes and try to release the tension in your back, neck, and shoulders.
- If you have excessive muscle contractions in the neck, physical therapy exercises performed daily are often helpful.
Other Headache Treatments
Acupuncture stimulates the body’s ability to resist or overcome illnesses and condition by correcting energy imbalances. Acupuncture also prompts the body to produce chemicals that decrease or eliminate painful sensations.
There are nearly 12,000 acupuncture points along the body’s 14 major meridians, or energy-carrying channels. Many acu-points are near nerves. When stimulated, these nerves cause a dull ache or feeling of fullness in the muscle.
The stimulated muscle sends a message to the central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord), causing the release of endorphins (a morphine-like chemical that is produced in our own bodies during times of pain or stress). Endorphins, along with other body chemicals that modify nerve impulses, block the message of pain from being delivered to the brain.
Massage is a great way to reduce stress and relieve tension. It is especially effective for relieving tight, tender muscles in the back of your head, neck and shoulders. For some people, massage may provide relief from headache pain, especially headaches caused by tension.
- Essential Oil
- Some studies have shown that lavender, ginger, peppermint and wintergreen oils may help relieve tension-type headaches. You may get relief simply by smelling the oil, or by applying it to the nape of your neck and your temples.
Supplements is non-prescription pain relievers. It is non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, not drugs. Supplements help to full fill any nutrition that your body needs. Read more about supplements for headaches here:
pengedar shaklee selangor
Cara Pengedar Shaklee atau Stokis Shaklee di area anda ? --> Pengedar Shaklee dan Stokis Shaklee Malaysia
Cara Nak Beli Produk Shaklee Terus Dari Shaklee HQ --> Cara Beli Shaklee Online
Cara Daftar Jadi Ahli Shaklee Online --> Daftar Ahli Shaklee Online